Child Safe Blinds
All our window blinds are designed with safety in mind and there are a number of options for you to choose from. By law, all blinds fitted must be child safe, whether or not you have children living with you.
CORDLESS OPERATING SYSTEMS
We offer a variety of child safe blinds, that are operated without cords and chains, to best suit your needs and interior.
- Louvolite One Touch™ motorisation range provides a variety of convenient yet affordable solutions for both domestic and commercial projects. Choose from the battery powered Magic Wand, the rechargeable Lithium motor with remote control operation or the mains powered AC motor.
- Louvolite Perfect Fit® frame clicks into uPVC window and door frames. You have the choice between our roller, pleated, cellular or venetian blinds, which are concealed neatly within the Perfect Fit frame.
- Our vertical, panel and Allusion™ blinds can be used with monocommand wand control
- Roller blinds operated with our Soft Rise Spring Return system raise smoothly up to a pre-set upper stop when released.
- Crank Handle operation can be used with our Roller and Vision® blinds. It’s child safe as the wand handle detaches from the operating clutch, a perfect option for schools, nurseries, hospitals as well as all domestic window blinds.
CHILD SAFETY DEVICES
Blinds with cords or chains must always be secured with a child safety device as the cords and chains pose as a potential strangulation and entanglement hazard. A cord tidy must be fitted at a height of at least 1.5m from the floor.
- Our vertical, panel, Vision® and Allusion™ blinds must be fitted with a cord tidy.
- Our roller and roman blinds must be fitted with either a cord tidy or Easybreak® connectors.
- Our pleated and cellular blinds must be fitted with a cord safety tassel.
- Easybreak® connectors are safety features for chain operation which disconnect when a certain amount of force is applied to the chain. If disconnection occurs accidentally these are easy to reconnect.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY STEPS
- Keep all cords and chains out of reach of children using the Child Safety Devices.
- Loose cords or chains should never be tied together and prevent loops from forming.
- Furniture that children use or could climb on should be kept away from your windows.
In line with legislation, all Louvolite operating systems are compliant with the Child Safety Requirements of BS EN13120.